Laminate Flooring Maintenance and Aftercare
All our laminate floors are built to last. However, if you want to get the most out of your new floor and keep it spick and span for decades to come, you will need to give it some TLC.
Within this guide, we'll list the laminate care do's and don'ts, share useful tips we've gathered from decades of experience and explain which products are most efficient for laminate flooring aftercare.
Laminate Flooring Maintenance
When Cleaning, Do:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly
- Once a week, wipe your floor with a specifically designed cleaner
To Protect Your Floor, Do:
- Put doormats and rugs by doors
- Wear soft soled shoes
- Put felt on legs of furniture
- Lift furniture to move it - even with soft pads, grit can scratch
- Keep pets' nails trimmed
When Cleaning, Don't:
- Use a steam cleaner
- Use a wet mop
- Use bleach-based products
- Use abrasive materials such as scouring pads
- Use soap-based products
- Use furniture polish
To Protect Your Floor, Don't:
- Wear high heels
- Leave puddles to soak in
More tips and information
- Doormats are useful for picking up moisture as well as grit before it gets to the floor. A must have for any home.
- When vacuuming and sweeping, pay extra attention to bevelled edges - these can pick up dust.
- Soap-based products leave an unwanted film which can dull the surface of your floor over time. Instead, use warm water with proper floor cleaner.
- Sweeping with the grain will leave less dirt on textured boards.
Laminate Flooring Tools & Aftercare
If you're installing your laminate floor yourself, you'll need the right tools for the job. View our range of laminate installation kits to help you install your new laminate floor correctly.
Nothing beats the look of a newly laid floor, and we think it's important to give your laminate flooring the TLC it deserves. So, naturally, we've found the most effective aftercare products in the industry, balancing effectiveness with affordability.
For day-to-day care, we've selected the most efficient aftercare, keeping your laminate flooring as fresh as the day you bought it.
Meanwhile, in the unlikely event you've managed to scratch your laminate you may well be able to repair the damage, so we offer a range of repair kits for you to choose from.
Search our Advice Centre