Why Choose Wood Effect LVT Flooring?
Wood effect luxury vinyl tile (LVT) flooring is a type of flooring that is designed to mimic the look of natural wood. There are several benefits to using wood effect LVT flooring, including:
- Durability: LVT is made from durable materials that are resistant to scratches, dents, and staining. This makes it a great choice for high-traffic areas and busy households.
- Easy maintenance: LVT is easy to clean and maintain, and it doesn't require regular waxing or buffing like natural wood.
- Versatility: LVT is available in a wide range of colours, styles, and textures, so you can find a wood effect that will match the style of your home.
- Comfort: LVT is softer and warmer underfoot than natural wood, making it more comfortable to walk on.
- Cost: LVT is typically less expensive than natural wood flooring, so it can be a more affordable option for homeowners on a budget.
What Rooms is Wood Effect LVT Suitable For?
Wood effect luxury vinyl floors are suitable for any room in the home. They can add a modern and sophisticated touch to living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and dining rooms. In particular, they can provide a durable and low-maintenance flooring option for high-traffic areas such as entryways and hallways.
Wood effect LVT is also suitable for bathrooms and kitchens. It is durable, waterproof, and easy to clean, making it an ideal choice for these high-moisture areas. However, it is important to choose a high-quality LVT product with a strong and waterproof backing to ensure longevity and prevent water damage. It is important to carefully read product specifications and consult with a flooring specialist to ensure the LVT product is suitable for the intended use and environment.
What Types of Wood Effect LVT are Available?
There are many different styles of wood effect LVT available, including:
- Traditional hardwood styles, such as oak and ash
- Exotic wood styles such as pine, walnut, elm, and redwood.
- Distressed and rustic wood styles, such as driftwood, with natural-looking imperfections and character.
- Modern and voguish wood styles, with smooth and sleek finishes.
- Wide plank and narrow plank styles, with varying widths and patterns to suit different spaces for an expansive or streamlined look.
- Multi-tone and multi-colour wood styles, with a range of shades and hues to create depth and interest.
Wood Effect LVT Samples
Due to the variety of colours, hues and patinas available within our range of wood effect luxury vinyl flooring, try ordering our free samples to help determine your preferred style in situ. You can order up to three free samples with us. You could also use our room visualiser to see how the various wood effect LVT floors will look in your room.
Is Wood Effect LVT compatible with Underfloor Heating?
Yes, wood effect luxury vinyl is suitable for use with underfloor heating. However, it is important to consult with the manufacturer or a flooring specialist to ensure the LVT product is compatible with the type and temperature of the underfloor heating system. Some LVT products may be more resistant to heat and may be a better choice for use with underfloor heating.
Types of Wood Effect LVT
Types of wood effect LVT flooring principally refer to different ways they are installed:
- Glue down wood effect LVT is installed by applying a specialised adhesive to the subfloor and then pressing the tiles onto the subfloor.
- Loose lay wood effect LVT refers to tiles that are placed on top of the subfloor and are held in place by the weight of the tiles themselves plus a rubber backing and a tackifer adhesive.
- Core click LVT flooring refers to a type of vinyl flooring that uses a specialised locking system, known as a "click" system, to hold the tiles together without the need for adhesive. The "core" part of the name refers to the fact that the tiles are made from multiple layers, with a dense core layer that provides stability and support.