Looselay LVT Flooring styles
Looselay LVT flooring, so-called because it is installed without the need for adhesive, comes in a variety of styles, colours and patterns, making it a versatile flooring option for any room of the home. Popular styles of looselay luxury vinyl include:
- Wood effect: mimics the look of natural wood and is available in a wide variety of finishes, such as oak, ash, and walnut for a timeless feel.
- Stone effect: imitating the look of natural stone such as marble, slate, and limestone our stone effect looselay LVT flooring creates an even and polished flooring finish.
- Distressed: This style has a rustic, weathered look such as antique timber.
What Rooms are Suitable for Looselay LVT Floors?
Looselay luxury vinyl flooring is an ideal choice for homeowners who want affordable, durable, and water-resistant flooring that they can install themselves. The durability and easy maintenance of looselay LVT flooring makes it a great choice for living rooms, especially as the wide variety of styles and colours available make it easy to find a look that matches the decor. Looselay LVT plank flooring is also a popular choice for kitchens and bathrooms due to its waterproofness. Spills and splashes can easily be wiped up without damaging the floor.
Find out more information on looselay luxury vinyl suitability by reading our Luxury LVT Room Suitability Guide.
What are the benefits of Looselay Luxury Vinyl Flooring?
Listed below are numerous benefits as to why you should install Looselay LVT flooring:
- 100% waterproof: can be installed in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Easy installation: the interlocking or grippy-back tiles require no adhesive and can happily be installed over most existing floors, including concrete, tile and wood, without the need for additional preparation or subflooring.
- Highly durable: looselay LVT plank flooring is often more durable than traditional hardwood flooring. It is resistant to scratches, dents, and wear and tear, making it a great option for high-traffic areas of the home.
- Added comfort: looselay LVT flooring is made from multiple layers where the outer PVC wear layer which resembles the texture and visual properties of the material it is mimicking. Constructed with a fibreglass layer which provides dimensional stability and mechanical strength.
Easy Care and Maintenance
Looselay LVT flooring is really easy to clean and maintain. It doesn't require any special products or techniques to keep it looking good as new. Simply a regular sweep or vacuum can help prevent scratches or scuffs. Whilst looselay LVT isn't completely scratch-proof, it is considered more durable than traditional hardwood flooring. Read our Vinyl Floor Maintenance Guide for more information.
Is Looselay LVT Flooring Compatible With Underfloor Heating?
Looselay LVT flooring is generally suitable for use over underfloor heating systems. In fact, it can be a great option as it's a synthetic material which is less sensitive to temperature changes than natural materials like wood or stone, which can expand or contract with temperature changes.