Light Laminate Benefits
Light-coloured laminate flooring has a lot of benefits, the main one being it's a neutral colour. Pale laminate flooring is versatile, meaning you can decorate with bold, pastel, or neutral colours. But also, having light laminate floors can make a room look bigger, the lighter tones create a brighter and airy feel. This can be great for kitchens, dining and living areas as well as hallways. Other benefits of light laminate flooring include:
- Affordable: As with all laminate, light-coloured laminate flooring is cost-effective, meaning it's great for those on a budget.
- Durability: Light laminate is hardwearing and scratch resistant, meaning it's good for homes with children or pets, and it can last years.
- Water Resistant: Many of our light laminate flooring is water-resistant, so spills and splashes won't cause an issue with this floor as long as they are wiped up quickly.
- Easy to clean and maintain: Neutral-coloured laminate is super easy to clean and maintain, just wipe any spills and sweep or vacuum regularly to keep it free of dirt and dust. For more information check out our laminate flooring maintenance guide.
Light Laminate Flooring Types
Our light-coloured laminate flooring is available in a range of types from different tones to effects. Our light laminate flooring colours consist of a range of neutrals such as whites, greys and light browns. From hue to style, our pale laminate flooring can be found in these effects:
- Light laminate wood flooring can create that beautiful natural look of a real wood floor without the expense. Found in oak laminate flooring style, this light wood laminate floor gives the optimum traditional look.
- Another style of light laminate flooring is our laminate floor tiles, which provides a tile effect such as the classic look of concrete - but without the cold underfoot feeling.
Light Laminate Flooring Room Suitability
Light flooring like laminate creates a nice open and airy feel and because of its durability and water-resistant properties, it can be used in any room. From high traffic areas like hallways, dining, living areas, bedrooms, kitchens, and some are suitable for bathrooms.
Although light laminate flooring does have water-resistant options, always double-check before you purchase as not all are. Water-resistant light laminate flooring can withstand splashes and spills as long as it is cleaned up quickly, however, we also have a range of bathroom laminate flooring which is fully waterproof and can stand up to water and humidity.
For more information, take a look at our laminate room suitability guide.
Choosing A Light Laminate Floor
With all the tones and types available, it can be hard to choose which style of light-coloured laminate flooring to choose, so to help try our room visualiser tool to find the best fit for your room. And you can even order samples to see our light laminate flooring types in person.
Once you've chosen your light flooring, the next step is installing it. Light laminate is easy to lay on your own, you can find out how in our guide to fitting laminate flooring.