Dark Laminate Flooring Room Suitability
Dark laminate flooring is a great choice for all types of rooms in your house. It looks fabulous when laid throughout your whole property, creating the cohesive look you want. Dark laminate flooring is a particularly popular choice when it comes to adding warmth to:
Entry halls - A highly practical choice for your hall or entrance is dark laminate flooring. It's easy to keep clean and it looks ultra-modern which will make a statement as soon as you walk through the door! Additionally, the darker colour can conceal mud marks and dirt brought through your front door, so guests won't even notice!
Living rooms - Choosing dark laminate flooring for your living room is an excellent choice because it will give the space a luxurious look. It's important to consider the size of your living room when choosing which type of flooring you want, as the darker tones can make smaller spaces feel closed in.
Kitchens - If you want to give your kitchen an instant update, then choose dark laminate flooring. It works particularly well in modern kitchens as it is simple and very stylish. Make sure you choose a waterproof option.
Offices - If you spend a lot of time working at your desk, then dark wood laminate flooring is perfect for giving your office a feel of luxury. It's sleek and stylish which will make all those long hours in front of the computer much more bearable!
How to Style Dark Laminate Flooring
One of the best things about dark laminate flooring is that it's so versatile. It looks fantastic in almost any room and with a wide range of styles to choose from you can really make your new floor shine!
If you're looking for an ultra-modern look, dark grey laminate flooring is a great choice. Then be sure to use light furniture pieces which will enhance the modern feel of your room. To help complete the chic ambiance, be sure to use light-coloured soft furnishings, which are also simple and stylish.
If you want to create a cosy, traditional look for your home then dark wood laminate flooring is a perfect choice! To really make it shine, choose light furniture pieces which will stand out against the darker tones of this flooring. This flooring also looks fabulous in combination with patterned carpets or rugs because they will add a traditional feel.
Use our room visualiser tool to see each floor design in your home setting.
Dark Laminate Care Advice
Once you have your dark laminate flooring laid, it's important to keep it looking fantastic for years to come. Here are some top tips on how to care for your new floor:
- Be sure never to use a wet mop because this can damage the surface of your floor - use wipes to clean your floor instead.
- Always be sure that the cleaning product you use is suitable for laminate.
- Be careful about dropping heavy objects on your dark laminate floor as this can create small cracks and indentations which will detract from the high-end look.
- Be sure to keep your flooring free from water damage such as leaking taps and toilet cisterns.
- Always try and open windows when wiping your dark laminate flooring so that the room can air thoroughly. This will prevent moisture collecting between the laminate planks which could lead to mould growth.
- Finally, always avoid using harsh chemicals for cleaning because this can damage your flooring.
For installation advice we have put together a simple guide for you to follow. For more information read our laminate flooring advice here.
Want to find the perfect dark laminate flooring for your rooms? Why not order a few samples to see what shade is best for your home? We dispatch them within 24 hours, meaning you can decide and get your new floor installed in no time at all!