Why Choose Laminate?
There are plenty of benefits to laminate flooring and with a wide range of colours and styles it can suit any interior.
Pros of laminate include:
- Affordable: All laminate is cost-effective, making it great to get the classy look of a wooden or tiled floor without breaking the bank.
- Durability: Hardwearing and scratch-resistant, laminate flooring is a durable option. It will last for years, even in high-traffic rooms or homes with children or pets.
- Easy To Clean: All you need to do is wipe up any spills and sweep or vacuum to keep it free of dust.
- DIY Installation: Laminate is DIY friendly and offers an easy click and lock system .
- Suitable For Any Room: Select our thick, durable 12mm planks for high-traffic hallways and stairs, waterproof laminates for kitchens and bathrooms or our range of luxury styles for living rooms and bedrooms.
- Suitable For Underfloor Heating: All our laminate can be used with underfloor heating - ensure that you read the manufacturers installation guides to ensure the right installation is followed.
- Water Resistant: Plenty of laminate floors are waterproof. Double check the product description as some are only water resistant. Or, why not shop our kitchen laminate and bathroom laminate collections?
Laminate Flooring Types
Expect everything from white and grey laminate for modern and spacious homes to dark laminate flooring for a dramatic interiors. You can also find laminate floors in a range of wooden shades, such as light, medium or dark brown - perfect for a traditional, classic décor style.
Wood Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring typically replicates the patinas and texture of natural woods such as oak, pine and teak. They're commonly known as laminate plank flooring as they replicate the planks of solid wood floors.
The most traditional type of wood laminate is oak laminate flooring. Available in white, black, grey and several brown tones, it ensures a classy finish that evokes the patterns and aesthetics of solid oak.
On the other hand, chestnut laminate flooring offers rustic charm and allure.
Hickory laminate flooring creates warmth with its red tones and the extra-wide laminate planks provide the illusion of extra space in your home. And finally, to create a dramatic statement, walnut laminate flooring is dark and rich, pairing well with a traditional décor because of its dark brown tones.
Laminate Wood Patterns
Laminate floors also come in different patterns. This type of laminate is called parquet laminate flooring , which means the planks are laid in abstract patterns, which add character to your home. Parquet patterns include herringbone laminate flooring, which has a staggered, triangular effect, while chevron laminate creates movement through the home with a wider zigzag pattern.
Laminate Floor Tiles
For those who don't want a wooden floor effect, laminate tiles offer the look of a classic tiled floor at a fraction of the cost of tiles. They also provide a warmer feeling underfoot. Expect realistic designs that replicate the texture and style of classic stones such as slate, concrete, chalk, and limestone. They're perfect for areas where you want to make a statement.
Laminate Flooring Room Suitability
Laminate is hardwearing and scratch resistant, making it ideal for use around the home, particularly in high-traffic spaces. It's also suitable for underfloor heating and we offer a range comes of waterproof laminates that are perfect for bathrooms and kitchens.
For more information, take a look at our laminate room suitability guide.
How To Lay Laminate Flooring
While it may seem complicated, installing laminate flooring is so easy that you can do it yourself. With a DIY-friendly locking joint installation, all that's needed is to drop each plank down and click together .
Called laminate click flooring, each board will attach and lock to the next plank or tile. You may need laminate underlay to place on the subfloor which helps ensure a smooth and well connected installation. We have a range of laminate accessories to help, including underlay and installation kits.
For more information, take a look at our fitting laminate flooring guide.
Choosing A Laminate Floor
Use our room visualiser to see how your preferred laminate will look in your room. Or you can order free samples to see our laminate flooring in person. Remember to double-check the product details for specific information about room suitability, installation, and cleaning.