Returns and cancellation
Our terms and conditions
Our returns and cancellation policy
We pride ourselves in supplying top quality goods at great value – and we like to think our reviews prove this. However, sometimes things just don't go to plan and we understand that people change their minds.
If you do decide to return your order, you can cancel up to 14 days after the day of delivery for a full refund. Before returning, please contact our customer service team and they’ll supply you with a returns number. Any returned goods must be complete, unused, and in "as new" condition. Please ensure any goods being returned are packaged adequately to keep them safe on their journey. Unfortunately any items received that are damaged or not packaged correctly will not be accepted back into stock.
We are also happy to accept back any flooring or accessories left over after completing your installation for a small 15% restocking fee (restrictions may apply, see here for details). To do this, please contact our customer service team who will be able to assist you.
Please remember, in all situations where there is no manufacturing fault, you are responsible for returning the goods to us at your expense. Any returned goods must be complete, unused, and in "as new"condition.
If the products arrive with a manufacturing fault, please contact our Customer Services team immediately and we will make all the necessary arrangements to have the goods replaced.
If your order arrives as arranged but we're unable to deliver because there's nobody home, the goods are refused, there's inadequate help available, or the order is changed/cancelled within 48 hours of your delivery, you will be liable for any additional costs incurred for the goods being returned. The return delivery charge for failed deliveries is £20 or £0.70 per kg if the weight is over 29kg.
Please note – unfortunately, we can’t accept products which are bespoke, made to your specifications or cut from a roll unless they’re faulty.
Here’s a few tips on how to avoid returns in the first place, which will help you get your floor down sooner:
- Don’t order the flooring too early, either. If you want to stay within the 14 day returns period, we’re happy to hold onto stock until you’re ready to receive the flooring. Simply give us a call to try and arrange this.
- Measure your room. Accurately measuring your room can reduce the need to buy more flooring or return spare stock. We have a useful guide here, but if you’ve got any questions, simply give us a call and we’ll help you out.
- Always order a sample. We offer regular samples, most of which are free of charge, and have also introduced large samples for a range of our floors to give you an even better idea of how the floor will look. Please bear in mind that our floors are made from or inspired by natural materials, so the grain, colour and shade will vary across the floor. Alternatively we’ve got 5 superb stores for you to visit, each one bursting with gorgeous floors and friendly staff.
- Double check your accessories. In most cases, we also supply accessories which match the floors on the site. Often, these are automatically suggested once you add your flooring to the basket, however, if you have any concerns or confusion about which accessories do and do not match, please give us a quick call just to check and we’ll happily advise you.
We are not obliged to accept any returns – whether partial or complete – after 14 days after ordering. However, we will always try our best to accept back stock in any situation where it’s possible. Ultimately, returns are only accepted at the discretion of a management level staff member.
Please remember, in all situations where there is no manufacturing fault, you are responsible for returning the goods to us, at your expense, in complete, unused, and in "as new" condition and within 30 days of purchase.
If you have any concerns, please give us a call before you order and we will be happy to explain any restrictions on your product choice.
We are only able to accept back orders if the product:
- Is an item we keep in stock in one of our warehouses.
- Is an item which we regularly sell.
- Is returned in full packs – no partial packs will be accepted.
- Is in perfect condition.
Please also note that we are unable to accept back carpets in any situation as they are cut to fit. We strongly recommend that products are returned to us in the original packaging, as this is designed to keep the flooring as safe as possible in transit.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently only accepting returns to our Lakeside showroom. Customers who wish to use this service will be required to follow a strict protocol (outlined below) for their own safety and the safety of our staff.
COVID-19 Returns Procedure
Before returning goods you will be required to pre-arrange a date and time for your return. You can advise us which day you would like to return goods and if you would prefer an AM (8am - 12:30pm) or PM (1:30pm - 4pm) timeslot.
On arrival at our warehouse at the agreed date and time you will be required to follow the procedure below:
- Please park in the customer parking bays and ring the bell located by the shutter door.
- A member of our warehouse team will locate a pallet next to your vehicle for you to load the returned products onto.
- Our warehouse staff will ask you for your returns number.
- Once you have unloaded the products a member of our warehouse team will visually inspect them to check the product type, quantity and quality.
- If you would like a printed version of the returns paperwork the warehouse staff will provide this, otherwise you will receive this by email.
We aim to refund customers within 14 days after receiving goods back in our warehouse, or in the case of orders cancelled before dispatch, as soon as we receive written confirmation of your intention to cancel your order.