Vinyl Floor Maintenance
All our Luxury Vinyl floors are built to last. However, if you want to get the most out of your new floor and keep it spick and span for decades to come, you will need to give it some TLC. Here’s a quick list of Vinyl Dos and Don’ts followed by some useful tips we’ve gathered from decades of experience
When Cleaning, Do:
- Sweep or vacuum regulary
- Once a week, wipe your floor with a specifically designed cleaner
To Protect Your Floor, Do:
- Put doormats and rugs by doors
- Wear soft soled shoes
- Put felt on legs of furniture
- Lift furniture to move it - even with soft pads, grit can scratch
- Keep pets' nails trimmed
When Cleaning, Don't:
- Use a steam cleaner
- Use a wet mop
- Use bleach-based products
- Use abrasive materials such as scouring pads
- Use soap-based products
- Use furniture polish
To Protect Your Floor, Don't:
- Wear high heels
- Leave puddles to soak in
More tips and information
- Doormats are useful for picking up moisture as well as grit before it gets to the floor. A must have for any home.
- When vacuuming and sweeping, pay extra attention to bevelled edges - these can pick up dust.
- Soap-based products leave an unwanted film which can dull the surface of your floor over time. Instead, use warm water with proper floor cleaner.
- Sweeping with the grain will leave less dirt on textured tiles.
Search our Advice Centre