White Wood Flooring Types and Designs
White wood floors make any room look beautifully inviting, light, and calming. Our range of white wood flooring is available in engineered, solid and parquet wood to suit your preference and budget.
- White engineered wood flooring: Is made of multiple base layers of wood with the surface layer, known as the wear layer, being made from white hardwood. Due to its plywood construction, it is very resilient and strong making it highly resistant to warping.
- White solid wood flooring: Is crafted straight from the tree out of a solid piece of hardwood. With no layers, white solid wood flooring is simply cut from a single piece of timber creating a luxurious feel underfoot. Also, it can last a lifetime as it can be sanded down and refinished several times.
- White parquet wood flooring: Is composed of white wooden blocks that are arranged in geometric patterns. Most popular is white herringbone flooring which uses smaller wooden block plants that are cut in a staggered zig-zag pattern creating an elegant and uniform look.
What Wood Species Are Available In White?
White oak flooring
White oak flooring is by far the most popular choice of wood species. Oak is distinctive for its straight and swirling graining patterns which can have a silvery texture. Rays and knotting give that traditional and classic appearance.
White beech flooring
White beech flooring is pale wood with a softly speckled surface. These light flecks within the graining add character and diversity to the flooring. It is great at resisting dents as it has a similar hardness to oak but a straighter, more regular grain.
What Are The Benefits Of White Wood Flooring?
- Light and Bright: Light reflects off white wooden surfaces, amplifying the existing brightness in a room making it ideal for rooms with limited natural light. And, the reflected light also creates a naturally airy and open feel which increases the perceived size of a room.
- Versatile: White is a neutral colour and therefore can be paired with a wide range of interior design styles from modern to traditional, contemporary to shabby chic.
- Clean and Calm: We naturally associate white with tranquillity and purity. White wooden flooring helps a space look simpler and less jumbled, perfect for those aiming for a minimalist or Scandinavian style.
What Rooms are Best Suited to White Wood Flooring?
White wooden flooring is suitable for rooms such as hallways, living rooms and family spaces. Our solid, engineered and parquet wood collections are exceptionally durable and tough. Check out our Room Suitability Guide for more detailed advice.
White Wood Flooring Floorboard Thickness and Width
White floor veneer thickness refers to the height of the top layer i.e., wear layer, of engineered wood. Thicker boards feel more premium underfoot, and it means they can be sanded down and refinished more times, increasing the floor's lifespan.
Plank width refers to the board's width on the floor. Our white wooden flooring collection comes in narrow, wide, and extra-wide. If you want to know more, check out our Flooring Thickness and Width Guide.
Are White Wood Floors Hard To Keep Clean?
All our white wooden floors are finished to protect against abrasions. For general up-keep, sweep or vacuum white wood flooring regularly. Do not use a steam cleaner, wet mop, or bleach-based products to avoid damaging your floor. For more detailed care advice read our Real Wood Floor Maintenance Guide.
How Can I Order Free Samples?
To get a sample of white wood flooring follow these simple steps:
- Find the floors you like and click the green 'Order Sample' button.
- Select whether you would like a standard (110mm x 1 board width) or large (300mm x 1 board width) sample.
- We dispatch your sample within 24hrs, and standard samples are sent 1st Class with Royal Mail and large samples are sent by courier.
For details, visit our Order Samples page.