Why Choose Chevron Flooring?
Chevron flooring is a patterned flooring design that creates a running V-shape as the ends of the planks are cut at 45-degrees. This creates a seamless pattern that is both striking and timeless.
- Visually distinct: Chevron flooring creates a distinguished and clear pattern which provides any room with a classic luxurious feel. The textured look helps to draw attention to its French style.
- Characterful: Beyond the distinct pattern, oak chevron flooring brings its own character due to its featured knots, streaks, colour variation and grooves.
What Rooms are Best Suited to Chevron Flooring?
The simple answer to this is that it is all a matter of taste. Chevron flooring is a great addition to any room, and you can use it to generate impact across your home:
- Hallways and entranceways: The chevron flooring pattern naturally creates a flowing motion which helps invite people into spaces. For example, opening up the front door to a chevron floor entranceway helps to create a guiding and welcoming route into the home.
- High traffic, large rooms: To fully emphasise the chevron pattern, choose this design for large spaces. As the chevron pattern guides the eye, it can also be used to direct attention to key interior features such as artwork or large windows.
- Smaller spaces: Whilst the chevron pattern is maximised in a larger space, when used in a smaller room it helps to add character to a room where the possibilities regarding interior design elements are more limited. In an office space, for example, a chevron design floor adds a traditional and sophisticated touch.
Due to the humid conditions found in bathrooms or the likelihood of spillages in kitchens, the suitability of chevron flooring in these spaces is dependent on the specific floor. Under the product information of each product, you can check out its room suitability. Either way, care should be taken to prevent your chevron floor from exposure to excessive moisture.
What's the Difference between Chevron and Herringbone Flooring?
Both are types of parquet flooring - wooden flooring laid in patterns - that zig-zags across a floor. However, whilst chevron planks are cut at 45-degrees which causes the planks to come to a single point, i.e. V-shaped when laid, herringbone planks are cut at a 90-degree angle causing them to be staggered.
What Colour Chevron Floor Should I Opt For?
Chevron flooring is guaranteed to bring character and charm to a space. However, you should always carefully consider the colour you choose as this can transform your room in different ways.
- Grey: Grey chevron flooring brings an ultra-modern and sleek element to the timeless chevron design. Grey also makes the perfect backdrop to bold statement wall colours or can bring peace and stability to a room when combined with more neutral colours. It is highly versatile and depending on how its paired it can look rustic, traditional or contemporary.
- Darker tones: The bold and rich colours of a dark chevron wood floor pair wonderfully with the classic pattern creating a standout floor. A dark chevron floor can be juxtaposed with light walls for a contrasting look or be doubled down with dark shades for a cosy design.
Are Chevron Floors Hard To Maintain?
All our Chevron floors are built to last and are easy to maintain. For general care, sweep or vacuum chevron flooring regularly. Do not use a steam cleaner, wet mop, or bleach-based products to avoid damaging your floor. Show it some love and a chevron floor will last for decades. For more detailed care advice read our Real Wood Floor Maintenance Guide.
How Can I Order Free Samples?
To get a sample of chevron wood flooring follow the steps:
- After finding the floor you like, simply add the samples to your basket.
- Standard samples and large samples are available.
- Our team packages your samples and dispatches them within 24 hours.
For details, click Order Samples.
For select brands there may be a small charge for samples, but we will refund the cost of up to 4 standard samples when you place your flooring order.
Standard delivery is free on orders over £599 otherwise it's £29.99. Standard delivery includes delivery on a day of your choice.
For details, visit Delivery Service.