Black LVT Flooring Benefits
Black LVT has a lot of benefits, the main one being its bold and beautiful colour. Black LVT flooring can create a classy look for your home, with its dark colour being trendy your floor can easily become the room's centrepiece. For a more monochrome look, black and white LVT can bring in a more modern tone, or pair your black LVT tiles with darker colours for an elegant touch. Other benefits of black luxury vinyl flooring include:
- Low maintenance: It's super easy to keep your black LVT floor in good condition. Regular sweeping, vacuuming and lightly mopping is all that is needed!
- Easy to fit and install: Black luxury vinyl is a great option for DIY installation, with options such as glue down, loose lay or black LVT click flooring installations.
- Durability: Black LVT flooring is great value for money since it's super durable and hardwearing it will last you a lifetime. As well, because of the colour, it's harder to see small scuffs and flaws over time.
- Waterproof: Black luxury vinyl tiles are 100% waterproof so its resistant to moisture and slip-resistant, making these a great option in bathrooms and kitchens.
Black LVT Flooring Types
Our black LVT is available in a range of styles and effects. When you think of black flooring you might just think about the darkest colour black. However, you can find black LVT flooring with light and dark tones to go for a more subtle look or go in for the bold. From hue to style, our black luxury vinyl flooring can be found in these effects:
- Black stone effect LVT flooring can give your floor a tiled or stone effect look such as marble. Great for monochrome looks these pair the black and white LVT colours.
- With black wood LVT flooring you can create a traditional yet modern twist with darker-coloured wood-like planks
- And finally, make a statement with black parquet LVT flooring, which combines this classy colour with the popular herringbone parquet pattern.
Black LVT Flooring Installation
Our black luxury vinyl flooring comes in a few different types of installation. And although all of these are super easy to install yourself, the process differs depending on the type you get. Choose from glue down, black LVT click flooring, and loose lay installations.
Black glue down LVT is installed by simply sticking them down to your subfloor and is more customizable as you can personalise the design and feature strips. Although trickier to install than other types, we'd recommend leaving it to a professional, but you can still install it on your own if you feel comfortable.
With black LVT click flooring there is a locking system which is straightforward and DIY friendly as the tiles simply click and lock into place. Just note that this type of black LVT requires an underlay and we have two different types, flexible core and rigid core.
The final installation type is our black loose lay LVT. This type of black LVT flooring is quick to install, each black luxury vinyl tile is placed into a tackifier (applied used in a grid pattern, around the perimeter and every 3m horizontally and vertically across the subfloor)onto the floor as each piece grips to most subfloors.
See our LVT installation guide for more information.
Black LVT Flooring Room Suitability
Black LVT creates a stunning show-piece floor whilst also being exceptionally durable, making it a great choice for many rooms. This type of floor works well in busy traffic rooms such as living rooms, hallways, dining rooms and more. Black LVT floors are also great at handling changes in temperature so it's ideal to use in conservatories and basements as they won't warp or change shape. And because our black luxury vinyl is waterproof it also goes great in bathrooms and kitchens alike.
With all the tones and types available, it can be hard to choose which style of black LVT to choose, so to help try our room visualiser tool to find the best fit for your room. You can even order samples to see our black LVT flooring types in person.