Parquet Laminate Flooring
Like other parquet flooring, laminate parquet is a beautiful statement choice in your home at a more affordable price. Giving the appearance of small wooden planks fitted together in different patterns, parquet effect laminate offer either a traditional or contemporary style. With the look of the pattern combined with the benefits of laminate, there is a wide range of laminate parquet available.
Why Choose Parquet Effect Laminate?
Laminate parquet flooring omits the look of real parquet flooring and is a timeless classic choice for your home. Benefits of parquet effect laminate include:
- Beautiful patterns: Parquet style laminate flooring has a sophisticated look with a range of patterns which not only brings character into your home but also is a great centerpiece to add to a room.
- Affordable: Laminate is cost-effective, meaning buying parquet laminate is usually cheaper than buying the real wood version and you still get the natural wood look.
- Durable: Hardwearing, laminate can last for years and is also scratch resistant making it a good option for children or pets.
- Water Resistant: Our laminate parquet offers some waterproof options, while not all laminate is water-resistant, double-check the product before you buy. But spills and splashes won't cause an issue if wiped up quickly.
- Easy to Maintain: Parquet effect laminate is easy to clean and keep looking new, just regularly sweep or vacuum.
Parquet Laminate Styles
Laminate parquet flooring comes in a few different types of stunning designs such as herringbone and chevron. Herringbone laminate flooring has a distinct staggered zig-zag pattern at a 90-degree angle and adds a modern twist to any room. Whereas Chevron laminate flooring creates a clean traditional look with a true 'V' shape point.
No matter what parquet style laminate you choose, you can find a range of wood tones to complement your home. From oak parquet laminate in lighter natural shades which opens up the space in a room, to darker hues to add a dramatic effect in a room.
Laminate Parquet Flooring Room Suitability
Our parquet effect laminate flooring is suitable for all room types and can be used to create stunning entranceways. It can also be laid as a centrepiece in high-traffic rooms such as living spaces, bedrooms or quieter rooms such as basements or conservatories. And if you're worried about cooler spaces, our parquet laminate flooring is suitable for underfloor heating.
Some laminate parquet flooring is also suitable for wet rooms such as kitchens or bathrooms. While all laminate is water-resistant, spills won't ruin your floor as long as it's cleaned up quickly. We recommend buying a 100% waterproof floor just in case, so double-check the parquet laminate product before buying. We do also have a range of bathroom laminate flooring in a range of other styles and colours which are all waterproof.
For more information, take a look at our laminate room suitability guide.
How To Lay Parquet Laminate Flooring
Parquet style laminate flooring is easy to install and is DIY friendly with a simple locking joint system. Installing parquet laminate flooring just clicks and locks into place when laid down onto the subfloor, so no adhesive is needed. See our laminate installation guide for step-by-step instructions and advice.
To make sure that your laminate parquet floor lasts, regular cleaning is important. Although easy to care for, we have a helpful laminate maintenance guide with all the best tips.
Choosing The Right Laminate Parquet Floor
With all the different types of parquet laminate flooring available, such as different shades or patterns such as the iconic herringbone or chevron, it can be hard to choose, so to help try our room visualiser tool. And you can even order samples to see our parquet effect laminate in person. If you like laminate but aren't sure about this pattern, check out our full range laminate flooring offering various colours and effects such as wood, tile or planks.