Kronospan is a leading wood-panel manufacturer established in 1897 in Austria. As a company, they strive to be environmentally friendly, producing wood panels for flooring, walls and ceilings and more in their factory in North Wales. Kronospan's flooring is produced using reside from the sawmill industry and they aim for cost-effective production.
Kronospan's laminate portfolio includes the Vintage, Impressions, Supernatural, Vario and Atlantic collections with wood effect and stone effect designs.
Kronospan Flooring Benefits
Krono flooring offers a wide range of benefits which include:
- Durable: Kronospan laminate is hardwearing and strong, meaning it will be long-lasting. These floors are also impact, shock, and pressure-resistant as well as being scratch and abrasion-resistant.
- Heat and UV-Proof: Krono laminate is flame and UV resistant, meaning the colour or design will not fade when exposed to direct light.
- Natural and Eco-friendly: Kronospan flooring is made from 90% wood sourced from sustainable forestry practices, so this is a naturally made sustainable laminate floor.
- Anti-Allergy: Perfect for those who suffer from dust, dander and hair allergies.
- Easy to Install: Krono flooring has easy and quick click locking systems which is great for DIY installation.
- Works with Underfloor Heating: Ideal for those who don't like cold floors, Kronospan laminate is suitable for warm underfloor systems.
- Easy to Clean: With regular sweeping and mopping, Kronospan laminate flooring is super easy to clean and maintain.
Kronospan Flooring Types
Within Kronospan's collections, you can find a few different designs and ranges, from wood to stone effect.
Within Kronospan's wood effect flooring you can find a range of wood types which all omit a different desired look. Oak laminate flooring gives the optimum traditional wood floor look, available in lighter and darker tones. Another classic wood tone is Chestnut laminate, these bring all the rustic charm of the beautiful woods into your home. For a redder toned floor, Hickory laminate flooring gives a warmer tone to your home and omits an elegant look. And finally, coming in with darker brown tones, Walnut laminate flooring has that dark, mysterious and rich tones for a striking effect.
Kronospan also offer stone effect flooring called laminate floor tiles. These can be found in a range of colours but usually are greys, blacks and whites and appearing like slate, marble or other stones.
Depending on which design you choose, you can find a wide range of collections from Krono. These are:
- Supernatural: Kronospan Supernatural are all 8mm thick planks in oak wood effect and offer matt finished surfaces to give your floor a natural look and feel.
- Atlantic: Also available in wood oak effect is the Kronospan Atlantic collection. These floors are all water-resistant and splash proof and are available in either 8mm or 12mm planks.
- Vario: Available in both oak and walnut wood styles, Kronospan Vario is similar to the Supernatural collection but are all 12mm thick planks.
- Vintage: Kronospan Vintage, also known as Krono vintage classic flooring, it provides a fusion of old and new, with oak, hickory and chestnut wood designs.
- Impressions: Get the look of stone tiles such as slate, ceramic, or marble designs with Kronospan Impression, great for kitchens and bathrooms.
Kronospan Room Suitability
Kronospan laminate flooring is suitable for most rooms in your home due to it's durability and long-lasting properties. So, you can create a natural wood or stone effect look in your bedroom, living room, dining room, stairs, and hallways. Because not all of Kronospan's laminate is waterproof we suggest you double check before buying for your kitchen and bathroom. Only Kronospan's Atlantic collection is suitable for these rooms. We also have a range of waterproof laminate flooring which offers different designs from all kinds of flooring brands.
For more information, take a look at our laminate room suitability guide.
Kronospan Laminate Flooring Cleaning and Care
Kronospan has high-quality laminate flooring with warranties from 20 to 30 years depending on the range, are robust and low maintenance. However, correct and regular floor cleaning is important. You can easily clean your Krono floor with a wipe, mop, or vacuum. Make sure always to use a damp cloth and not a dripping wet one, as this might damage your floor. Also, when using a product, don't use any with wax or oils, as they can penetrate into your floors. For more information, check out our laminate flooring maintenance guide.
With all the designs, colours, and collections available, it can be hard to know which style of Kronospan laminate flooring to choose, so to help, try our room visualiser tool to find the best fit for your room. You can even order free samples to see our Kronospan in person.
After choosing your Krono, the next step is installing. Although Kronospan flooring is easy to lay on your own, you can find out how in our guide to fitting laminate flooring.