Black Laminate Benefits
Black-coloured laminate flooring offers a lot of benefits, the colour itself is versatile. A bold dark colour adds a level of sophistication to a room which can create dimension and drama. Pairing black flooring with light walls and ceilings can open up the space and make the room feel larger. All colours complement black laminate, so you can pair it with neutrals like grey or white to create a monochrome look, or bolder colours such as blues, greens or reds to add energy. Other benefits of black laminate flooring include:
- Affordable: Black laminate, as with all laminate, is cost-effective, meaning it's great for those on a budget.
- Durability: Black laminate floors are hardwearing and scratch-resistant , making them perfect for homes with children or pets.
- Water Resistant: Most of our black laminate flooring is water-resistant , so spills and splashes won't cause an issue if they are wiped up quickly.
- Easy to clean and maintain: Black laminate is easy to clean and maintain, just wipe any spills and sweep or vacuum regularly to keep it free of dirt and dust. For more information check out our laminate flooring maintenance guide.
Black Laminate Flooring Types
Our black laminate is available in a range of tones and styles, from dark charcoal laminate flooring to tones mixed with warmer browns. If you don't want a darker tone, we also have lighter colours such as black and white laminate flooring or black mixed with grey . You can also find our black laminate flooring in these effects:
- Black wood laminate flooring can create the look of a real wooden floor with laminate planks decorated with wood patterns. These can be found in various species such as the black oak laminate flooring style which is more of a contemporary take on a classic effect.
- Black tile effect laminate flooring which gives you the benefits of a marble or slate look but without the cold underfoot feeling that commonly comes with real tiles. These can also be found in a mix of colours and finishes such as matte or black gloss laminate flooring.
Black Laminate Flooring Room Suitability
Black laminate flooring can be used in almost every room. From high traffic areas like hallways, dining or living areas and bedrooms to conservatories and kitchens. Black laminate is durable, resistant to water, scratches and temperature changes so this makes it ideal for use around the home. It is also compatible with underfloor heating, so you don't have to worry about any cold floors.
If you are installing black laminate flooring where it's likely to get wet e.g., in kitchens or bathrooms, know that black laminate flooring can withstand splashes and spills as long as it's cleaned up quickly. However, we do also have a range of black waterproof laminate flooring which is more suitable to withstanding water and humidity.
For more information, take a look at our laminate room suitability guide.
Choosing A Black Laminate Floor
It can be hard to choose which type of black laminate is right for you, so to help try our room visualiser tool to find the best fit for your room. Or you can even order free samples to view our black laminate flooring in situ.
When you've chosen your black laminate and want to install it yourself, we have a handy laminate flooring fitting guide.